Thank you for chairing a Plenary Session at the the SARRAH National Conference for Rural and Remote Allied Health Professionals.
The main roles of the Chair are to:
- Introduce presenters
- Make sure the presenters and the session runs to time.
The session you have been assigned can be found on the online conference program, in the Delegate App and on the printed Pocket Program. Below are some tips to assist you with the chairing process:
- All plenary sessions will be held in Waterfront Rooms 1 & 2 located on Level 2.
- Please go to the room 15 minutes prior to the start time to meet with the speakers for that session and the audio visual technician. The AV technician is assigned to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise
- Please familiarise yourself with the room. There will be a chair table where you will find a copy of these notes and a counter bell
- Ensure the session starts and finishes on time. Gently ding the bell to remind speakers of the time (if required)
- You will be advised of any housekeeping items or program updates by the registration staff or committee. Please announce these at the beginning of the session
- Begin the session on time by asking that all electronic devices be turned to silent. Please use your phone clock to keep to time
- Introduce the speaker with the presentation title, the speakers name and affiliation. The speaker bios are available for delegates to view on the Delegate App, no need to read them out
- Speakers have been asked to sit in the front row of the session room so they can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation
- If time allows, invite questions from the floor. Question microphones will be available for delegates to ask their questions (If no questions are forthcoming from the audience be prepared to direct a question to the presenter).
- Thank speakers and provide them with their gift which will be placed in the room for you
- Remind all delegates that conference feedback boards are located in the exhibition and catering area, SARRAH would appreciate feedback on the following:
- SARRAH policy and research priorities
- Member development, membership communications and engagement, and fundraising initiatives and activities
- SARRAH conference – venue, program, speakers, socials, food, length and frequency, etc
- A SARRAH contribution box is located at the SARRAH trade table, the contribution box is available for:
- A pledge to be contacted for sponsorship of a number of student memberships
- A commitment to be contacted to make ongoing donations
- A one-off donation or an expression to be contacted for a one-off donation