SARRAH would like to thank the following organisations who have contributed toward student scholarships to the 2018 SARRAH National Conference.
- Country Health South Australia
- James Cook University
- Flinders University
Applications close 20 August 2018, click here
- Northern Territory PHN
Applications close 15 August, 2018, click here
- New South Wales Rural Doctors Network (NSW RDN)
- Rural Health West
Applications close 27 June, 2018, click here
- Three Rivers University Department of Rural Health
SARRAH-NRHSN student scholarship
Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health (SARRAH) and the National Rural Health Student Network are offering the opportunity for one NRHSN allied health student to attend the 2018 SARRAH national conference at the Darwin Convention Centre from 12 to 14 September 2018.
This opportunity includes
- SARRAH student membership for one year and
- one full student member conference registration which includes a welcome reception, all conference sessions, access to exhibitors, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on Thursday and Friday, “A Touch of the Tropics” dinner on Friday evening, satchel and pocket program and conference app including abstracts.
It does not include flight transfers and accommodation.
Eligibility and criteria:
To be eligible to apply for this, you have to be:
- a student enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate allied health degree in any discipline
- a member of your university’s Rural Health Club
- a student member of SARRAH or be eligible to receive complimentary one year student membership from SARRAH
- agreeable to submit one page of a review and 2-3 photos from the conference to inform of the learning and value gained from the experience, suitable for publication in SARRAH and NRHSN’s communications
Send an email with ‘SARRAH conference application’ in the title to NRHSN Allied Health firstname.lastname@example.org with
- your name, contact details, address, study enrolment, university and Rural health Club details
- a paragraph about your studies and interest in rural and remote allied health
- a photograph of yourself on a rural placement or something similar related to providing rural and remote allied health services
All applications must be received by Wednesday, 15 August 2018.
Health Workforce Scholarship Program
The Rural Workforce Agency Network also provide scholarships for conference attendance under the Health Workforce Scholarship Program.
Each Rural Workforce Agency is responsible for the timing of scholarship rounds and will manage applications for health professionals within their state or territory. Interested applicants are invited to visit the website of the Rural Workforce Agency relevant to your current location to view further information regarding the Scholarship Program, eligibility criteria and contact details.
Links to the website of each Rural Workforce Agency are listed below:
New South Wales – Rural Doctors Network NSW
Victoria – Rural Workforce Agency Victoria
Tasmania – HR+
South Australia – Rural Doctors Workforce Agency
Western Australia – Rural Health West
Northern Territory – NTPHN
Queensland – Health Workforce Queensland