What are 10 items in a first aid kit and uses?
Top 10 First Aid Kit Items
- Gloves/Eye Protection.
- CPR Pocket Mask.
- Roller Gauze.
- 4×4 Gauze Pads.
- Medical Tape.
- Two Triangular Bandages.
- Sam Splint.
What are 15 items in a first aid kit?
After much shopping around without success, we made a list of 15 essential items a first aid kit needs to have:
- Antiseptics & Cleansers. …
- Antibiotics. …
- Adhesive Bandages. …
- Gauze Rolls / Gauze Pads / Trauma Dressings. …
- First Aid Tapes. …
- Wraps & Bandages. …
- First Aid Instruments – Scissors / Tweezers / Tongue Depressors. …
- Gloves / PPE.
What are the 8 essential tools for a first aid kit?
When putting together your first aid kit, make sure you have the following eight essential items.
- Containers. The first thing you need is a water-resistant container to hold everything. …
- Personal items. …
- Antiseptic. …
- Creams and ointments. …
- Pain relievers. …
- Over-the-counter medications. …
- Bandages and wraps. …
- Medical tools.
What are the types of first aid box?
More videos on YouTube
|Kit Name||Use||Container Type|
|Emergency Response #9970||Emergency||Metal Box|
|25 Person Class A #4427||Office||Plastic Box|
|10 Person Light #4516||Home||Plastic Box|
|Marine First Aid #4698||Water / Boating||Plastic Box|
What are the 7 must have medicines?
10 common medicines and first aid supplies to have at home
- Have a list of emergency instructions. …
- Acetaminophen and an NSAID. …
- Aspirin. …
- Antihistamine. …
- Decongestant, cough suppressant and flu relief medicine. …
- Antacids. …
- Antibiotic ointment. …
What are the 5 main aims of first aid?
The five main aims of first aid are to:
- Preserve life.
- Prevent the escalation of illness or injury.
- Promote recovery.
- Provide pain relief.
- Protect the unconscious.
What are the basic first aid?
First aid is as easy as ABC – airway, breathing and CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation). In any situation, apply the DRSABCD Action Plan. DRSABCD stands for: Danger – always check the danger to you, any bystanders and then the injured or ill person.
What medicine should be kept in first aid box?
- Aloe vera gel.
- Calamine lotion.
- Anti-diarrhea medication.
- Antihistamine, such as diphenhydramine.
- Hydrocortisone cream.
- Cough and cold medications.
What are the important things to remember in giving first aid?
The Golden Rules Of First Aid
- Stay calm.
- Check whether your surroundings are safe. …
- Decide if you or the injured person needs medical aid; ask for advice if not sure.
- Reassure the injured person. …
- Tell the medical experts as much information about the accident and symptoms as you can.
Should be kept in a first aid kit to clean wounds?
Certain wounds, such as scrapes that cover a large area of the body, should be kept moist and clean to help reduce scarring and speed healing. Antibiotic ointments help heal the scrape and prevent infection.
What is the first aid symbol?
The internationally accepted symbol for first aid is a white cross on a green background, as shown here. When you see this sign, it indicates where you should be able to find people, tools, or a facility providing first aid care to preserve life, prevent conditions from worsening, and/or promote recovery.